Holistic Nutritionist

Hello Everyone,

My name is Melanie and I am a Holistic Nutritionist, my passion is helping you to get healthy through eating. I will provide you with a personalized diet plan that will meet your needs, goals and desires in a new level. I will work with you personally getting a more in depth look through a detailed Lifestyle assessment and Nutritional Profile. These assessments will allow me to create a feeling of wellness stemming from within you.

I look forward to working with you to achieve your goals.

Melanie

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Margarine or Butter

I was sitting in the doctors office and picked up one of the many flyers that litter the various tables and chairs in the waiting room. I figured that is was a good/important one to read as it was on Dietary Fat and Cholesterol based from the heart and stroke foundation. First fold I read intrigued me, not only did it tell me to eat margarine but told me to stay away from butter.  Margarines are basically a molecule away from being plastic, when the margarine comes out of the machine it is grey, so to make it more appealing, as most people don't want to spread grey paste onto their bread, they bleach it and then proceed to dye it that yellowish butter colour. So next time you are spreading nice easy margarine onto your bread or watching it melt onto your baked potato, take pleasure in the fact that you are eating grey almost plastic bleach paste.

Butter is so much better for you, or it can be, buying butter from an organic or local farmers market is the best way to ensure that you know whats in your butter. Or take the kids and make your own butter, a science lesson, family bonding, and healthy meal all in one go. Treat your body well.

Also, in regards to this pamphlet, canola oil is not good for you, and coconut oil is good for you... choose a natural product that your great grandparents would recognize, not these horrible processed foods that are easier, don't be lazy be healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment